Thursday, June 3, 2010

For The Good

I'm going to stick to the song theme b/c it seems to be how God is speaking to me these days. Last week a friend sent me a video from our trip to Haiti in February and the first song on the video was For The Good, by Shane & Shane. As I was watching the video I found myself crying, but it wasn't because of the images. I already cried a lot in January when the earthquake struck and in February when I saw the damage in a country close to my heart. Nothing in Haiti that I see in a picture shocks me, because I saw it live. I'm not going to write you a novel on the song like I did with What Do I Know of Holy, because the song speaks for itself. It is truth and it is straight out of Gods Word. Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose." For everyone in transition that has returned from the race and doesn't know what the heck they are doing with their life, for anyone going through a hard time that can't see or hear from God, and just for those who enjoy music and words of truth...go buy this song on Itunes. It is worth a dollar and it will speak volumes to your heart.

When darkness is surrounding me
by Your Spirit, Lord help me sing
that You are working all things out
Lord, I really need to hear you speak
Remind me in the waiting
that You are working all things out

For the good of those
who are called by You
for the good of those
who are in Love with You
That's why we sing

Holy God of light
I lay down my life
Holy is the Lord
Even in the storm be glorified

We like to take the blessing from You
Shall we not take the trouble too
You are working all things out
We like to take prosperity
Shall we not take the suffering
You are working all things out

Holy are you Lord
even in the storm
be glorified
Worthy of affection

God is good, He is worthy of affection, He is holy and He is for our good. I can't say I always believe that and walk in it, but daily I soak in that truth and trust in the power of the Holy Spirit to take care of my doubts. It is a battle for our hearts daily, and it is His battle, not ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment