Sunday, April 11, 2010

One Month To Live

Today I checked out a new church. I went for 2 reasons: the name was the same as my home church in Charlotte, NC (Hope Community Church) and I woke up late (it's only 5 minutes away). They were starting a new series based of a book called, "One Month To Live". It got me thinking about what I would do differently if I only had 30 days to live. The pastor talked about how Jesus lived passionately, loved completely, learned humbly and left boldly. I long for those ways to be descriptive of my life. I felt like I was living that way when I traveled the world last year. I was living radically for Christ and my life was full of adventure. Daily I was loving on the poorest of the poor and I was making a difference all the while falling more deeply in love with Jesus and learning life lessons that will stick with me forever. It's a bit more of a challenge to live that way here in South Jersey, working 7:30-6pm in sales and adjusting to a new environment. Not much feels radical about sales, but yet it's where God has me. So what will I do to be purposeful? How will I live passionately and love completely those God puts in my path? How will I learn, will it be humbly or arrogantly? Will I be bold and courageous or will I hold back? I was telling someone the other day my life didn't feel purposeful. It is only not purposeful if I choose to make it not purposeful. If I choose to believe the lie that I can't have an impact here, then I won't. It's a choice. All of life and how we live it, what we worship, what we do...is a CHOICE. You have one month to live...what is your CHOICE?

No comments:

Post a Comment