Wednesday, January 13, 2010

HAITI IN CRISIS!!! READ TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP!

If you have followed my blog you know i have a heart Haiti and have spent a significant amount of time there. What you may have not known is I am planning to return in 6 weeks and now hope to return sooner. Despite the tragedies that have occurred in the last 24 hours I have every intention of still going at the end of February and if I can come up with the money to get there and put a team together I will go sooner. Here is an email you will probably be receiving if I have your email, but just in case I knew this blog would hit a lot of people. Please pray about helping. Please pray for this country and these people. Please pray for God to move in a mighty way in the midst of this tragedy and for people to turn to Him. God is in control, I believe that...and He will be glorified in this mess. Contact me with any questions via the email me link on the left. Read how you can help below.

Hi Friends & Family,
If you are in my address book, you are receiving this email. If you would like to help, I will give you a few ways you can as well as update you on my current situation. I am sure by now you have heard of the tragedy that took place yesterday in Haiti. The capital Port-au-Prince where approximately 2,000,000 people live has been destroyed. It is truly heartbreaking, whether you have spent time in the country or not. Some of you received an email a couple weeks sharing about an upcoming trip I am taking to Haiti in February. This trip is still scheduled and if I can get there earlier to help then I will do so. As long as a plane will land I have every intent of going. I am currently unemployed and in in transit so whatever I can do to help this country and people I love, I will. Unfortunately, being unemployed limits my ability to help financially so that is where I need you to help. I am sending this email to 700 people. If everyone gave $10, that would be $7000 towards relief efforts. Let's be honest..$10 is one meal at Panera, I'm broke and I can afford that. I think the pictures all over the web and facebook will give you the motivation to do so. (Click here to see the one on my facebook: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3835952&l=8ea943f420&id=502501431) There are two ways you can go about helping. Keep reading.

You can send the funds to me at: Liz Froba 2066 Weddington Lakes Dr Weddington, NC 28104. You can make the checks out to me or if you want a tax receipt to Canaan Orphanage. Canaan is a 501(c)3 organization run by my friend Chris Hlavacek. You can also give through the Canaan Orphanage webiste: http://www.canaanorphanage.org - this is set up through paypal. The money will be funneled to where it is needed and use it to get help down there along with food and medical supplies.

I will continue to send updates via my world race blog, my new blog: lizfroba.blogspot.org, and facebook...I still don't understand Twitter yet.

The reports from Canaan are good. They are safe. There were 3 kids that I know of who were in Port that they have been unable to get in contact with. All cells in Haiti are down. Pastor Henry has also had no contact with his family, who all lives in Port. This morning Pastor Henry and Elsie went in to Port to try to find them. Please pray for Pascal, Stepenson and Yolnide...as well as many former Canaanites and their families who live in PAP. I have also received updates from Dony St. Germain and the orphanage connected with Christ Covenant. They are pretty far from Port and reports are good. Some damage, but not devestating.

This country needs are help. Even $5 makes a difference. Thank you for reading this. God is in control and He will help His people.

Peace-Liz

PS - If you live in the Charlotte area, please keep reading: Two needs: Going to try and collect extra supplies to take down in Feb. If you have medical supplies or clothes you would like to donate, please contact me via email. I will be back in Charlotte on Feb 2nd. Also, this is a request outside of Haiti. I am really in need of a truck or suburban to move stuff to NJ. The rental trucks are outrageously priced for my current financial situation. If you can help or know someone that can, please let me know. Looking to move stuff in Feb or early March. Can give a honda accord in exchange for a truck. THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment